PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta emergency @ LAX, dumps fuel on school playground.
Old 18th Jan 2020, 13:29
Uplinker

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by retired guy
Indeed Dave they do which is why the dump chutes are at the wingtips as shown in that 777 video at LAX.
Not on an A330, they are at about mid wing.

.....................the only thing you need to land a plane is the wheels down and some flap if you have it. And VRef of about 160 which covers any situation. Nothing else at all. No FMC, Not performance data computers. No moving maps. Just look out of the window and land it pdq.
Having observed training over several years recently I have been amazed at the lack of urgency with getting back on terra firms after a severe failure..........
R Guy
[rhetorical question]; why have I never been trained or briefed in the SIM to throw all the checklists and SOPs out the window and just get it back on the ground? Even an uncontainable fire has a checklist. Nor have I ever been criticised for actioning a complete checklist - in fact, I am usually bollocked for jumping parts or missing parts out in my 'excitement'.