PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta emergency @ LAX, dumps fuel on school playground.
Old 18th Jan 2020, 09:49
retired guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
Where are all the pics of these kids drenched in jet fuel?

. I have never read such over exaggerated dribble in my life. I thought the Oz media was bad but geesh!

Harden the F%#% up
Hi PoppaJo
I think the word they used was "doused"
LA Times quote (they all say pretty much the same thing).
So I guess you are having a go at the media rather than people here who all agree that this was badly reported. Fair comment. What is true it that lawyers will seek to prove injury despite it being nonsense. And they will succeed which will cost the airline millions.
Now whether or not there should have been any dumping in that region at all , is what seems to exercise people on this thread, and it has a revealed some pretty diverse views, which is the good thing about this forum. I learn a lot here. We all do.
Cheers and thanks
R GuyLA Times
An airplane returning to Los Angeles International Airport on Tuesday morning dropped jet fuel onto a school playground, dousing several students at Park Avenue Elementary School in Cudahy, officials sai
d.

Delta Flight 89 — a Boeing 777 — had taken off from LAX with more than 140 passengers on board and was en route to Shanghai when it turned around and headed back to the L.A. airport.