PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belgian DGCA new 2020 rule.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2020, 09:47
Mlambin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belgian DGCA new 2020 rule.

At the beginning of 2020 I received a general email about a new rule that the Belgian DGCA will apply.

As from 1st January 2020, the Licensing directorate of Belgian Civil Aviation Authority will no longer convert ICAO license to Part-FCL license and will no longer accept a valid class or type rating issued by a third country for inserting it in a Part-FCL license. If you wish to convert a license or rating issued by a third country, we invite you to transfer your license to another competent authority.
Unfortunately they aren't so responsive and helpful.

My situation: I'm holding a Belgian Part-FCL licence ( so no need to convert it ) with Type Rating issue by an ATO in Malta ( so EASA ) and my yearly examiners are EASA approved. I'm working for Sunexpress in Turkey but all this in on my EASA licence.

​​​​​​They simply told me ( since then they don't answer anymore ) to transfer it to another authorithy.

How can this be possible if my examiners are EASA and I have an EASA licence and it is already on my licence. Is this the Belgian Brexit...

Thanks for any clarification. I have asked France and Hollande for transfers but before starting any paperwork and potentially be grounded I need to be sure.

Thank you!