PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2020, 21:50
Bus Driver Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eiffel
BusDriverMan, with due respect, I think you are being mistaken. In your case, you are refering to a Type Rating bond….
Bonding for a Type Rating is fair enough…. (Most airlines do it and it's quite alright in my opinion).
But bonding for an OCC is a complete different story !.... What would be the next step? Deducting part of your salary for your CRM recurrent once a year? Lowering your wage on your LPC month?
Apparently, for the OCC, Wizz takes out of your salary 415€/month for a year (5000€ total).
Again a Type rating is on your licence and a qualification which is (potentially) transferable to another airline. An OCC is not. It's inherent and specific to each individual airlines (regardless of your qualifications and experience). Unless I am unaware of other airlines doing it, I believe Wizz is the only airline to have such a practice.
I did mention that I wasn’t aware of the exact conditions of the OCC bond at Wizz Air and that the other company I was referring to bonds you for 1 year for an OCC as well, but without any salary deduction. You only repay the training cost if you leave within 1 year.
I agree that deducting salary for an OCC is not correct, but a clause in your contract to repay the cost if you leave within a year is only fair in my opinion. That’s how any bond should be in my opinion. No salary deduction and you only pay (pro-rata) if you leave before the end of your bond period. Unfortunately not the case at Wizz Air.

Wizz Air has different bonds for different situations. They are clearly mentioned before signing any contract. If that results in pilots refusing to sign it, then that’s Wizz Air’s problem and it’s up to their HR department to review the training bonds.