PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2020, 13:01
Bus Driver Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bulldog89
Can you be more specific? This is new to me...
My current company provides training to a lot of employees which is the order of 20000€ per person every 4/5 years, plus traveling and living expenses (usually for three weeks in Japan or the USA). Not a single euro is paid by the employees and there's no bond at all...this because the company NEEDS his employees to be trained.

And yes, we're talking about skills that can be used while working with direct competitors (a sort of type rating, just not for planes).
A bond doesn’t necessarily mean that the employee is paying for it. I don’t know the conditions of the OCC bond at Wizz Air, but at the company I was referring to, you only repay the training cost IF you leave within 1 year. It could be different at Wizz Air and half of the training cost might be deducted from salary during the first year. That depends on the contract they offer now.
The bond that I have at Wizz Air includes a salary deduction for a total of half of the training cost. If I stay for 4 years, I get half of those deductions back, so the total cost for me would be 25% of the total cost. But I have to admit that their estimate of the training cost is a bit exaggerated.

I know of other, non-aviation companies, that also include a clause in the contract to repay the training cost pro-rata in case the employee leaves within a certain period.

Last edited by Bus Driver Man; 17th Jan 2020 at 13:23.