PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 34R SYD Review ATSB
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2020, 02:45
hawk_eye

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by neville_nobody
Except that is not what the chart says. By your logic if you were told to go-around at 1000' you would fly all the way to the runway end then start the right turn. By that time you would be level at 2000'.

By the looks of the ground track the crew flew the Missed Approach correctly as they started the go-around just above the minima. So they had to climb to 600' first before commencing the turn which took away some of their separation from the 330. They were a little late in the turn but as mentioned above the 737 is a handful in a unexpected go-around.

The turn is at 600' not at the MAP. If they started at turn at 220' then they would have turned straight into the cranes at the port. So they flew the MAP correctly as they were pretty close to the minima
The AIP is quite clear - you climb to the missed approach point and then follow the missed approach instructions. If I were issued a go around at 1000’, I would be continuing to the MAP (roughly .5nm from departure end threshold) before turning, and if that means I’m at 2000’ before starting the turn, then so be it.