PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can you tell me what flightdeck these are from, taken September 1961 at RAF Changi
Old 16th Jan 2020, 16:08
ARCHIE1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM 496 NAV'S POSITION

Originally Posted by Cornish Jack
Has to be a "Britbox". Slightly worrying that our 'betters' on the 'shiny fleet' needed labels to show them where they should sit! Unfortunately the yokes were obscured but presumably they were labelled also? Something like Left-hand Pilot and Right-hand pilot? TCEU would probably have a Cat question about it! We grubby old ground-hugging Bev people had to work it out for ourselves!
Now now, just to reassure the travelling public, that is of course a photo of a museum piece, currently preserved at Cotswold Airport Kemble and open for viewing every other Sunday (see XM496.com). Of course we have to label things, cuts down time spent explaining to the visitors who sits where and what they do and what that does. As a matter of interest, I have that diagram of the nav's panel (centre of the table) in front of me at home right now while I prepare a talk for a local Age UK group about me and the Britannia 50+ years ago. This thread has added much useful background - thank you Postfade..