PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignation Tips
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2020, 23:33
ekpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a heads up re possible Etisalat issues on departure. We left the pit a couple years ago and it was certainly an effort but all went very well until Etisalat decided we did not close our account properly and we now owe AED2100 for charges accrued since our departure. We closed the account personally, which they acknowledge, however they said they tried to call me to verbally verify my request for closure. Did they think I was joking? The number they used was the property of EK so I, of course, gave that sim card back and therefore could not be contacted. They contacted me via email after about a year of being back home. All polite at first but that deteriorated into threatening emails. In spite of all the common sense I could throw at them I realize I could make no progress on changing their position. I advised them I would pay on return to Dubai during a visit. They wanted money sent immediately but I can't bring myself to trusting the system. Hopefully we aren't sent to jail when we arrive in Dubai. That would make no sense but we are talking about Dubai. So I can only caution that you must get receipts for everything and don't throw them away too quickly as I did. Also stand by for the supposed verbal verification call from Etisalat.....silly. I thought the UAE experience was over but I guess they weren't quite done with me. Wouldn't care at all except I have earned retirement tickets and would like to use them which involves returning to DXB usually.

Happy flying to my old EK colleagues and friends