PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta emergency @ LAX, dumps fuel on school playground.
Old 15th Jan 2020, 14:34
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ropetow
At what point would the crew get a (further) EICAS reminder that they were still dumping - is it possible to empty the wing tanks completely and not notice?
The dump system on a T7 will default to dumping the fuel down to get you to structural max landing weight and will then automatically stop.

You can override the system to dump to a lower quantity for whatever reason but the 777-200 system I am aware of stops dumping when the wings get down to just over 5 tonnes aside...so no, you can’t empty the wing tanks.

As for EICAS etc...if they had actioned the Fuel Jettison ECL, left it “open” (I.e. didn’t override it) whilst dumping continued I’m pretty sure the crew get a subtle hint that a Non-Normal checklist was in progress when they did the “Descent Checklist” from the ECL....

I’m not a trainer, I’m probably wrong but I think if you get past that point (I.e. close the descent checklist, declaring it “complete” ) with dumping still going on, I don’t think you get anyone hints but am open to correction.