PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta emergency @ LAX, dumps fuel on school playground.
Old 15th Jan 2020, 14:07
UltraFan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BFSGrad
1. From what I’ve read, the injuries were described as “no serious injuries,” or “minor skin and lung irritation” (sounds like what I endure in a typical weekend of yard work). What would be the basis of a lawsuit? Emotional distress?
Have you checked the flag on the townhall lately? The basis of the lawsuit will be the lawyer gets 30% of the settlement. A few years ago, a woman sued an automaker (Chrysler I think) because her hand was burnt by hot gases escaping the airbag that saved her life in a car crash that she caused. Another lady successfully sued a bookstore for tripping over a child and bruising her shin, despite the fact that the child was her own. Emotional distress is more than enough basis for a lawsuit, but in this particular case, it may be endangering a minor, exposing minors to toxic substances... reckless flying? But the main basis will be the Delta's desire to quickly put an end to the story through NDA settlements. Corporate attorneys vs. personal injury lawyers - sulfur in the air.