PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Conflicted on AF vs Army Aviation. Please help.
Old 15th Jan 2020, 11:34
DiegoMaxwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conflicted on AF vs Army Aviation. Please help.

Hello, I’m 22 years old, I have about 25-30 hours towards my PPL. I’m currently a sophomore at a university majoring Aviation Technology, I’m also in AFROTC. It has always been my dream to serve in the military and to be a military pilot. All my life I wanted to fly fixed wing aircraft, but here recently I have been thinking heavily on rotary wing aviation (ARMY). The thing is, I don’t think college is for me, I have a about a 3.2 GPA, and doing well, I just hate it. It’s draining me emotionally and physically and I feel like I could be doing more for my country and flying, rather than sitting in a classroom. I feel like I could get more involved with the troops on the ground if I fly for the Army, and also Helo’s are just as bad ass as fine wings.

Anyways, is their any pilots in either branch that could give me constructive feedback? What are some of the pros and cons of flying for the Army over AF or Vice Versa. Thanks for your time!