PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bloomberg Report: Boeing Mocked Lion Air Calls for More 737 Max Training Before Crash
Old 15th Jan 2020, 09:49
dufc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Loose rivets
...Folk are not ready for it; not willing to give too much thought to the reality of the real human nature found in big corporations - indeed, in all walks of life. While I accept there has to be huge changes in the structure of Boeing, nothing I'm reading surprises me that much. On a small scale, I've seen it before: bewildering, cruel, callus behaviour meted out by people that should never have attained their management positions. I have been left winded by cowards and downright liars. People I'd looked up to but that clearly had no souls....
Loose Rivets is right, problems exist everywhere.

Away completely from the aviation sector, I have become aware of a group of people on Facebook offering an apparently 'independent' information service. Buried in the pages of this substantial group is this statement "In making agreements to secure group discounts, on occasions some Admin may receive endorsement payments of which a large percentage will be given to the groups chosen charities."

It is believed that there may be monetary and '"in kind" benefits from recommended 'partner' companies enjoyed by the Admin but the folks involved will not disclose the detail of this when asked despite highlighting of possible ethical challenges in respect of these arrangements.

What has in fact followed from this is a blanket ban of discussion within the group of any competing offers (many undeniably better) or suppliers of services with messages on the subject quickly deleted thus protecting and increasing the monetisation of the practices in place.

This is the kind of thing that happens when a sector is not, or is inadequately, regulated. As Loose Rivets said "..
the reality of the real human nature .. "