PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta emergency @ LAX, dumps fuel on school playground.
Old 15th Jan 2020, 08:14
retired guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Onceapilot
So, how about a little common sense here? Yes, a low alt fuel dump is an uncommon scenario that is normally unacceptable and merits public concern. However, it could result from a whole spectrum of flight problems, many of which are a normal operating risk in abnormal situations but, some scenario's could include mistakes or inadvertent actions. The investigations will establish the truth of the circumstances. So, little point for posts that say "no reason for" or "you don't have to do that" etc, because there could be. The investigation will show...!

OAP
You are quite right Onceapilot. We always need to wait, sometimes for years as in AF Concorde, for the truth. Sometimes we never get it officially due to geopolitical matters. But in these pages we can of course discuss possible scenarios. Teheran last week, I wrote "missile" as the only logical reason for a 737 to crash in those circumstances. And that was a couple of hours after. That is not to say I was definitely right, but I said "Sherlock Holmes says 'eliminating the impossible / improbable and your are left with the answer". It was highly improbable for a new 737 from a good airline to explode in that situation.
So I think its ok here to speculate on possible causes of any situation or we would never say anything.
Cheers
R Guy