PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlinetools FlightDeck A32X ?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2020, 07:30
simua320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
test FlightDeck A32X

Good morning all,

here is a little testimony on the A32X software

I thought I was dealing with a simulation if not perfect at least closer to reality in terms of driving and I was very disappointed.

First of all the software is written in visual basic 5, not even in c or c ++. He uses directx 8. Don't laugh!

When purchasing, you must wait by mail for a dongle key to unlock the program. In addition, the software does not work without internet connection a real stew for those who want simmers offline.

By reading the site one has the impression of an exclusivity on the STRM data whereas those used come from the public domain. Likewise the database is protected by a password so that the cycle can be found for free on torrent.

The files of the bmp (texture / grayscale) tiles are in fact renamed, making them think of a new format whereas with xview you can read them. Only part of the Earth is covered.

In fact this security paranoia hides a bug-filled software that uses public (low resolution) data.

Not all failures are simulated. Bugs in km of hardware configuration, joystick not to mention systems ...

It's a shame I find that this simu had its place but I strongly recommend not buying it, it could be the scam in the sense that a band of programmer / pilot want to put their pockets in it for software that does not deserve its price 500 euros!

Finally, there is no pdf tutorial and the few videos found are around 5 minutes and more!