PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly in Spain Jerez - personal review PPL training
Old 14th Jan 2020, 20:43
SBwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jan Olieslagers
Welcome to the world of private flying! My civil aviation administration now has an average queue of SEVEN weeks for a simple licence renewal - I do not mail them because it will only keep those poor understaffed people away from their real job, so I cannot say how long they take to respond. But both your expectations and your own claimed work intensity seem very excessive to me.

Most of all: do not even think of ever taking up learning to fly in such a hurried state of mind, you will only land yourself in the trees. The thing requires a relaxed approach.
I don't think expecting to get a response to a sales enquiry (from any company) within a week is unreasonable. If we kept our customers waiting that long they would likely book elsewhere (we do holiday lettings). My work intensity isn't excessive. I answer emails when they come in. I don't have thousands to deal with but the mailbox is monitored 7 days a week and keeping on top of things means they don't build up for us. Just our way of doing things.

Maybe for impatience you could read excitement and enthusiasm

This is not just my experience / opinion, as others have also had communication issues with them going back a year.

Anyway I have kindly taken up the head trainer's offer to PM him so maybe I can get some information that way.