PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly in Spain Jerez - personal review PPL training
Old 14th Jan 2020, 19:29
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarah Beresford
Hi, and thank you,

I know we are all impatient these days, but that's the whole point of email or I could just put a letter in the post. Although I wouldn't trust the Spanish post either!

I live and work in Spain and part of what I have to do is answer emails for a company. I answer emails 7 days a week from 8am until about 10.30pm at night, even on Christmas Day. I even answer emails when I am out of the country on holiday. If I cannot answer emails in detail then I am expected to send a quick reply acknowledging the email and saying I will get back to them as soon as I can. It's basic customer service.

I accept there are holidays here - Monday 6th of January was a holiday yes - but I work holidays. I also accept that people are fully entitled to have holidays off, and because of all this I will wait maybe two days, three if I'm in a good mood But when it becomes five days with no response, it doesn't look good.

If I am looking to spend €10k with a company (I don't know the exact price because I haven't had a reply - and that is all I wanted to know) then yes, I expect a quicker response.

I went to their FB page to try and contact them that way, or see if they had prices on there (I didn't see any), and I saw someone else complaining about a lack of response a year ago so things don't seem to have changed. Then on here I read the same kind of thing from others.

I hope they can reply to me soon because I would still like to do my PPL with them.

Do you know them, or fly / work with them?
I am the Head of Training. I don't deal with responses to emails for courses. However when I went into the admin staff on Wednesday and asked why they had not responded to my email about something I was shown the outstanding queue of emails that had come in over Christmas while the school was closed that stood at over 1200 unread messages.

Whilst I find your dedication to your work highly laudable and in fact even admirable, I and the school do not expect the admin staff to be so dedicated as you and neither does Spanish law permit us to expect that level of dedication. I have offered to personally intervene and assist you out of hours and outside MY job description. Please feel free to avail your self of that offer or wait for the school to respond. If that level of response does not suit you then I am happy to recommend other schools that may be able to respond faster.

Your budget is pretty much bang on for a PPL(A). Please free to PM me if you want to talk further.