PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bloomberg Report: Boeing Mocked Lion Air Calls for More 737 Max Training Before Crash
Old 14th Jan 2020, 17:31
old,not bold

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
To me the most egregious is the CEO going out with a 60mn golden parachute. Muilenburgmight have not known all that was happening but the buck stops with him
Yes, to me too. But he joins a long line of CEOs in all sectors of industry and finance who have demonstrated that there is no correlation whatsoever between their ability and competence, and the remuneration negotiated by them with credulous remuneration committees who have a vested interest in maintaining the fiction that they and other Directors are worth huge payouts.

However, there is a close correlation between the incompetence of a CEO and the size of the package that he/she negotiates, before taking up the job, for his/her exit within a few years as a total failure.

If Muilenberg did not know what was going on in his organisation he needs to return all the salary and other goodies he has picked up as its CEO. IT'S HIS JOB TO KNOW, FFS! If he didn't know, he was not doing his job. I fail to understand why he is receiving 1 cent, let alone zillions, as he leaves Boeing so damaged that it will only survive, if it does, as a military supplier protected by over-priced Government contracts (aka subsidy), as it always has been. (If he did know, and did nothing about it, then he should be sacked without 1 cent compensation.)

It is arguable that Mr Muilenberg holds a tangible share of personal responsibility for the horrific deaths of all the passengers and crew in those two B737 Max crashes. Does that concern him? I doubt it. He has hit the jackpot, and walks away with money that would have been better spent on the families of the victims of Boeing's crimes, committed under his "leadership".

Last edited by old,not bold; 14th Jan 2020 at 18:00.