PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2020, 23:34
Bellamia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by danigirl

Hi Caitrose - Yes I have had the exact same experience during the same timeline as you. I was offered Sydney base in August but after talking it through with a HR team member I decided commuting wasn’t going to work with my family so I chose to stay on the Melb hold list and was told not to expect to hear anything more until the new year so still waiting for any further updates. 🤞🤞🤞 apparently they were initially told to fill 6 Melb GS but then it was cut back to 2 so the 2 ground schools were mainly filled with internals who didn’t have to pass the security checks as they were working crew. I believe there will be more Melb GS in the new year but it’s a waiting game for sure. Have you heard anything more or did you take Sydney base?
Hi Danigirl and Caitrose, I am on the exact timeline as you both!

May 2019 was my AD in Melbourne, etc. We may have met!

I then spoke about the Sydney opportunity a few times with Qantas Talent Recruitment, and also discussed it with my partner. They mentioned you're able to be placed in SYD base and then request to transfer to MLB. However, you have to wait the 6 month probation to apply to transfer and apparently some girls have been on the transfer list for about 2 years. So it was an instant no for me as I have already lived in Sydney previously!

Do you have any indication at all, or have you heard of anything about GS in Melbourne? Our 1 year hold mark ends in May, do you think they would extend this if they didn't have any GS happening?

It's my 30th Birthday coming up and my partner is finding it hard to plan something special away as we have no indication whatsoever.

Have you guys had your medical yet? I am sure we'd have a couple weeks notice for medical, and then a month notice if we are offered a GS date, right?

I've been more than happy to push everything aside the past year in-case, but now it's getting a little hard to plan things! Especially for my birthday and anniversary.

Goodluck Girls!