PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe FO Pay
Thread: Flybe FO Pay
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2020, 14:48
thelowflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Honeyman5123
Hello "thelowflyer".

I finished training with L3 last year and the delays are pouring. Furthermore with the state of Flybe nowadays I woulnd`t recommend no one to start an MPL Training with them/L3.
What I advise you is to go to spain/italy and see some schools that are getting their students trained really fast. Just as an example I had over 30 colleagues that changed school and finished faster than me whilst their training cost was half of what we were paying. This is just my 2 cents but your next moves will be delicate and important. Choose wisely.
I am genuinely moving towards removing my application if I'm honest but out of interest - when you say delays, do these generally apply to the MPL/airline cadets too? I was under the impression (perhaps wrongly) that generally the MPL students take priority to keep the airlines happy, whilst the ATPL students may take the hit when it comes to delays. Also, when you say delay, how long do you mean? If there were delays of say 3/4 weeks between stages I could live with that but if it's more than that and takes the training over 2 years, I would definitely not be keen. Also, I take your point about not recommending an MPL with flybe's situation - I was also of that opinion until I found out they had been bought over by connect airways and rebranding, to me that meant they were moving forward and had financial stability but I guess that is not the case :/
Cheers & congrats on finishing the course!