PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2020, 10:11
JSCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BA318
remember it also needs to cost more than £100 to be covered. And while you could get your money back, if you actually need to travel you’ll end up needing to rebook and that could be much more expensive by the time you do it.
This is the concern. I have multiple trips with Flybe booked over coming months between the IOM and Manchester, Liverpool and Geneva. The problem will come that if Flybe does disappear, we will lose ~560 seats/day each way between Liverpool & Manchester with the only alternative being typically a single easyJet flight to LPL. That, is a problem.

I read a lot of commentary that the Flybe model is dead, train being the future etc but those that do say that, clearly do not live in areas where Flybe actually delivers a vital service. Additionally, in the IOM, Flybe has the contract for transportation of medical passengers to Liverpool. There's a big problem ahead not only here, but in other areas/regions in similar situations.

I do wonder also if an 'Administration' process is the best way for Connect to trim the fat here with Flybe and recover out of it the good bits, a smaller fleet, Virgin branded. It's been done before in many other sectors...