PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe FO Pay
Thread: Flybe FO Pay
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2020, 06:56
magicmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sadly L3 will not be able to offer you any guarantees, your ATPL written exam results and any flying training that you do in an aircraft can count towards CPL and MEIR qualification if Flybe collapse and you can transfer over to CPL and MEIR training but a Flybe MPL is useless anywhere other than Flybe. Obviously if Flybe collapse and you transfer over to CPL training you will have no airline place on completion of the course and hundreds of experienced and rated Flybe pilots will be out there looking for work ahead of you.

Unfortunately the public are now aware of Flybe’s troubles so will be steering clear of the company regardless of how rescue talks go, they will book flights with other more financially stable airlines which will add to Flybe’s woes. If you’re looking to start a Flybe MPL now then I would be extremely surprised if Flybe is still around when you qualify.

Please consider your next move extremely seriously as your parents house is up for grabs if you cannot pay back the loan and do not wear ‘training blinkers.’ L3 will not care about your parents property one little bit and will make all sorts of non-promises that will not commit them to anything to get your money.

I genuinely do not envy your position and I wish you well in whatever you decide but please be objective and include your parents in the decision making process.

Last edited by magicmick; 13th Jan 2020 at 08:50.