PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing, and FAA oversight
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2020, 12:00
BDAttitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot
I very much doubt anyone believes any "brown envelopes" were actually passed to the FAA.

I expect that to be an exaggeration of excessive allowance expenditure for FAA visitors allowed by Boeing, and the secondary envelope being lucrative jobs post FAA employment at Boeing.

Many favours would still be owed to the regulators staff, if that is the case.

Could the FAA step aside and authorise EASA to re-certify the MAX? - to prove complete transparency.
Why should EASA want to do this? The entire proceedings would either take so long that they would be accused of hindering BA or they would have to rely on questionable pre assessments from previous work by „brown baged“ FAA and dishonest Boeing. It would be a loose loose situation for them.

I don‘t think there were actually brown bags either. They were properly wined and dined and may be there were not so brown bags with merchandise well below the appropriate value limits for corruption. What is a courtesy in a symmetric relationship can look very different when the relationship becomes asymmetrical. True for private life as well.

Regarding email: Porbably anyone learned during their first two weeks at work that people are lazy and will hit forward even though a mail was supposed to be internal to the team/department/company. That‘s why you have to expect them becoming public.
What‘s new is that a lot of these mails are actually instant messages that we autosaved by Lync or Skype ... which is a deceitful feature many are not aware of causing seemingly private message exchanges being documented and company assets.
My company does offer Threema now to us .... but keys are pregenerated and I am not sure if messages could be duplicated in the infrastructure.