PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'I'm in a helicopter here that costs £550 an hour, okay'...
Old 11th Jan 2020, 09:39
helimutt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gustosomerset
I have no knowledge of any of the people involved, but this story seems a great illustration of how - in the age of online 'journalism' 'and social media - what seems to be true almost always Trumps (intended) what is true. In this context, in this country, it's surely simply never a good idea to post an image of yourself in front of your helicopter holding a gun and a bottle of champagne. I say 'in this country' because I think the image would connote something quite different in the U.S.
There, you might expect: "There's a successful guy, enjoying the fruits of his success to the full! Good on ya, buddy!"
Here it's: "What a massive d*ckhead. If he ever steps out of line, I'm calling the authorities."

Compound this with allowing it to be known that you own an Aston Martin and a motorbike and having yourself recorded saying: "​​​​I'm in a helicopter here that costs £550 an hour, okay..." and your situation is pretty irredeemable, whatever the facts of the case and however much of a great guy you really are.
I actually laughed out loud reading this. Very funny. The only thing you could have added was if he’d said “Do you know who I am?”