PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing, and FAA oversight
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2020, 08:08
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by MechEngr

The difference between the companies is that VW and Bosch not only knew that falsifying the software would indeed increase the number of unnecessarily early deaths, they also knew that they were acting specifically towards that outcome in order to make sales. Boeing, in contrast, does not seem to have known their efforts would lead to deaths.
VW and Bosh were only mind Jediing a test, other companies and older models had/have similar or worse emissions to the cheated VW's - without the new VW the deaths would still be the same or worse, so the companies could believe they were reducing early deaths, just not by as many as if they could pass the tests without cheating.

The 117 pages recently released paint a picture that Boeing did indeed know and were told of safety issues and two key personal would not have their families fly on the MAX. From that I can assume they expected MAX could crash fatally. They seem to have numerous points of concern of the MAX and never mentioned MCAS as one of them.

We can also note great concern in the emails about the 777X program and Boeing senior management culture.

Quote - Probably true, but it's the box we're painted into with the Level B training requirements. Remember, this is just the manufacturer's min training required. Operators can elect to make the training more robust. A bad excuse, but what I'm being pressured into complying with.

Thanks. I fear that skill is not very intuitive any more with the younger pilots and those who have become too reliant on automation.