PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No-frills kangaroo ready to hop
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2003, 18:22
Chad's Funk Blaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an ex AN Airbus driver, I hope Skimpy operate A320’s and advertise for crew with Airbus type ratings.

I would happily come back to Oz to fly a red tail machine for QF LCC especially with the salary paid to short haul pilots.

I would be less enthusiastic to do it for VB wages but would still not hesitate – it beats O/S.

This may result in slower career progression for many of my good buddies at QF and that would be unfortunate, but not the end of the world. At least they wont lose their jobs like I did.

I fail to see how my refusing to work for skimpy could possibly assist the financial future of QF pilots. Dixon will make his decision on skimpy regardless of how many type rated or experienced pilots sign or don’t sign. I cannot influence that. More importantly, the decision to work for skimpy or not work for skimpy is my decision and no one else’s.

I find it quite odd that I know QF pilots that cannot understand why I would want to work for “poverty wages” when these same people in another breath inform me that they are the “lowest paid 767 pilots in the world”. So its ok for them but not for me.