PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 job at Global Aviation Solutions?
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2003, 17:45
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trainer too 2 here’s a question for you: If CH4 does have the airline jobs would you then say that he is welcome to stay ( rather than keep away ) ?

Now I can't speak for CH4 but, in answer to your question, one might suggest that, for the person paying, what they are getting for their money is the opportunity to learn from the ( as you say ) 'successful people' ( they being people who assuredly get paid a lot due to their experience and ability to teach ).

That said, I've seen some TRTO's who employ whomever they can get, wherein the quality of the training can be very hit-and-miss.
However the people behind GAS ( read Storm & Bond/Astraeus ) have a long track record of providing quality training at all levels and one sees no reason why this should not continue, especially given that a lot of valuable reputations are riding on the back of it – it’s in nobodies interest to provide a second rate / sub-standard service.

On the subject of midnight sim slots, if ( from your handle ) you are indeed involved in training you should know that initial type-conversions are not supposed to be conducted using either very late or very early sims – the Authorities do not like it, indeed I believe they don’t allow it, as it’s not conducive to the learning process.

W.r.t. your comment on airline SOP’s and the ‘experience’ of the TRTO’s that teach them.
Let me remind you that it is not the job of the TRTO to interpret or pass judgement upon the SOP’s of any particular airline – their job is simply to teach the SOP’s and no more.

In any event, I think you'll find that RyanAir's, EasyJet's and Astraeus’s procedures either are, or very close to, ‘standard Boeing’ - and just why is this ?
Well it means that airlines who subscribe to ‘the Boeing way’ do not then have to make any investment in re-writing their manuals & procedures, they simply take what Mr.Boeing tells them is the correct / best way to operate his aircraft - and after all, he should know – and thereafter it’s all a bit of a no-brainer.

Ps. I very much liked your contribution about RyanAir