PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Watches
Thread: Watches
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2020, 22:15
Okihara

Location: Currently: A landlocked country with high terrain, otherwise Melbourne, Australia + Washington D.C.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IWC Pilot. Neat and timeless and works equally as well outside the cockpit. Mechanical clockwork with 48h reserve and to be fair, I only ever use the chronometer on approach outbound legs. On the flip side, it won't buzz when I get a call or a message or my O2 levels are low, and there's no way I can get it to show smashed avo toasts on Instagram. Luckily my iPhone is always with me.

In all fairness, the cumulative cost of all iPhones (incl. battery and screen replacements) I purchased over time must now far exceed the price of this watch.

Originally Posted by Cedrik
What good is a pilot watch without pilot shoes/socks/slacks/underpants? Pilot underpants have a special smaller genital area, also an elastic band to tuck your pilot shirt into. What happens if you loose a button on your pilot shirt? Can you buy pilot buttons?
Easily one of the best posts I've read in a long time!
There was a brilliant meme once on the starter-kit for instructors. It included the white pilot shirt, stripes, navy pants and, obviously, the dark R.M. Williams boots.