PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 job at Global Aviation Solutions?
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2003, 16:56
trainer too 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CH4,

The most important question that I have not seen answered is simple:
CTC = work at Easyjet when succesfull
CAE/GECAT = work at Ryanair if succesfull
Astreaus/Bond = change of work at Astreaus if succesfull
Global ?????

Very nice that you have all these highly paid, succesfull people as part of your team but what counts at the end of the day what does it mean for future of the person paying.

If no job: stay away!

So the question is who are you training for if at all???

Point two: your experience in Seattle with their instructors does not gives a fair evaluation of the level of adaptability of of TRTO's like SAS, CAE, GECAT to meet the footprints of other airlines. TRTO's have been making large changes to their attitudes to training programs and the "standard" Boeing course is nowadays only given if specially requested! The cost of a proper TRTO is usually lower than what you charge as you only are adding an unneccessay layer. That is unless you have cheaper instructors and sims... which usually means midnight slots...
My point in replying is that, yes, generally we are flexible enough to be able to train pilots 'in the same footprint', concerning SOP's and company ethos, normally. Why is this so? Well, unlike most training organisations, we actually have a pretty good idea, where the pilot is ultimately destined to go to and we can match that footprint; i.e. we can train explicitly to that airline's SOP's, which is something you will not normally get from an 'off the shelf type rating organisation'.
TRTO's have usually more experience than a particular airline because they see all the SOP's of loyts of airlines and thus have the best gradsp ofr what ius required and adappt this to the clients needs!