PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I want to be a pilot: please change my mind!
Old 9th Jan 2020, 16:54
Steepclimb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gruntilda
Well I was not expecting so many replies and want to thank all of you. It's been very helpful to read both pros and cons opinions and experiences. Probably a bit more pros than I would have hoped!
I'll try to respond as much as possible.

Well I could very well be! One thing I omitted in my original post is that prior moving to Australia I was working for a large company and was quite depressed about it. I felt like a drone. So while I'd always have the option to come back to the finance industry it would probably not be under the same circumstances I am at the moment.

I've read some of those but not really in depth, I'll do that more on my commute.

Again, thanks again to everyone who replied.

I believe I'll take a class 1 medical and see what happens there. Not a huge commitment at this stage!
Good but take my advice and take a few lessons. You don't need a medical for that. It's not just the flying, you gain an insight into the 'club' you're joining. It's usually very welcoming. As you can see from the replies whether coloured by enthusiasm or bitter experience. We do want to help.

You'll find that a lot.