PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 8 Fails at the ATPL's
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2020, 16:47
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sleeve Wing
Seriously wondering whether just to let this go with a sigh ? ....(gap)...
I just know the sort of chap and his background that I would want to work with .....and it doesn't include anoraks with 95% passes in all 14/15 subjects...... but can't fly.
but can’t fly : discuss

Whilst there are clearly some quality civilian instructors who are teaching to a high standard, the mainstay for (UK) commercial schools historically (last century) were RAF/RN QFIs A2 who would mainly retire from the Service aged 38, and were not (really) interested in the airlines.

With the continued contraction of the RAF since say the 1990s(?) the number of CFS trained pilots reduced and so the ‘passing on’ to the next generation of what is now mainly junior civilian FIs is much reduced.

The overall training quality is suffering since not only are the FIs less experienced, you have to question just how well some of them were taught in the first place...(contentious perhaps?)

The fundamental technique of selecting an attitude and trimming accurately must be taught well irrespective what course is being conducted.
I would suggest that this is the main reason for SLEEVE WING observation...then of course, there is over reliance on automation.
RAW DATA ILS anybody.......?