PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 8 Fails at the ATPL's
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2020, 11:06
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sleeve Wing

>> Don't blame all the question writers - some of us, especially in the UK are from the real world! <<

Not wishing to spoil your view of the "real world', Paco, but I spent a lot of time in my real world. For example I didn't get enough time off to make 3,775 posts......

My "beef" is not with the question writers per se but those who choose which of those questions they feel are appropriate for exam papers.
Perhaps my brain spent too much time up to 40,000 feet as opposed to the restricted serendipity of the rotary world.
Still, welcome to the future.......
Whilst you might have accumulated tens of thousands of hours in the cruise, the more demanding parts of flight are normally associated outwith the cruise?

Sectors flown are also a measure of experience. My first airline aircraft was a Shorts 360. Flew 1086 hours with 1409 sectors. A wonderful experience.

Flying a B737 with a sector up to 6 hours [Red Sea] in the end before retirement.

Both were real world as was yours & PACO’s.
The number of pprune posts made are clearly irrelevant. You probably have more time on your hands during long periods of the cruise....