PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tower at Mildura
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2020, 07:47
Lead Balloon

Received 423 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally Posted by anomaly
Is there any talk about this?
This morning was extremely arduous having to operate in and out of there with 5 training aircraft, a couple GA aircraft, 2 rex SAABS, a QL -8D, a Virgin 737 and an aeromed. ML CEN ended up saying to the IFR aircraft that there are multiple VFR aircraft on ADS-B possibly up to 5, and it's all a bit of a blur where they are in the circuit.
I'm not out to dis the flight training there, I'm just curious to know if there is a plan to regulate the chaos that is Mildura CTAF at the moment? Possible at least give it its own discrete frequency so Wentworth and Horsham traffic aren't competing to get in their radio calls as well.
So by “chaos”, do you mean multiple aircraft failing to comply with the rules? If so, I’d suggest you submit reports to that effect.

How did you manage to survive, despite the “chaos”?

Do you know you’re not obliged to fly into these places? In fact, you’re under a duty not to, if the risk is ‘unacceptable’.

Don’t worry: If the risk becomes ‘unacceptable’, CASA will impose a condition on your pilot’s licence prohibiting you from operating in and out of Mildura. It’s all about ‘safety’, after all.