PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 8 Fails at the ATPL's
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2020, 23:09
Sleeve Wing

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

>> Don't blame all the question writers - some of us, especially in the UK are from the real world! <<

Not wishing to spoil your view of the "real world', Paco, but I spent a lot of time in my real world. For example I didn't get enough time off to make 3,775 posts......

As a number of contributors have stated, a lot of the exam content is quite useless when finally out into the true environment. Do trick questions seek out the mind of a a future, clear thinking young operator ? Or maybe only the sort of individual apparently needed in the current Civil Service these days, according to the newspapers ! I've worked along side both types. You don't need me to tell you who is more likely to get up to speed the quickest and become a good guy in either seat.

My "beef" is not with the question writers per se but those who choose which of those questions they feel are appropriate for exam papers.
Perhaps my brain spent too much time up to 40,000 feet as opposed to the restricted serendipity of the rotary world.
Still, welcome to the future.......