PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Jobs
Thread: ATC Jobs
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2020, 12:22
chevvron

Received 98 Likes on 71 Posts
[QUOTE=Nimmer;10655642]
Originally Posted by chevvron
Why? I wasn't exceptional. Well there is a bubble burst, reading your posts Chevron I thought you were the dogs boll@@ks, and Farnborough went down the toilet when you left, and as for the general state of Air traffic, well that has never recovered from your departure!!!!

Always a sad day when your heroes fail you.
I must admit I was always prepared to 'bend' the rules at times in order to provide a better service to pilots eg suggesting to single engine pilots crossing to Le Touquet they stay with me on LARS East frequency (so that if their engine went, I could pinpoint their position to D & D) which was officially outside my area of operation. My flying experience in many types from gliders and microlights, through light aircraft and helicopters to fast jets (which controllers nowadays rarely have) helped me to determine when this might be useful to pilots and if anybody queried what I did I could always invoke MATS Pt 1 Section 1 Chapter 1 para 1.2 second sentence.
Local assessors nowadays tend to frown on this type of discretion and initiative so it rarely occurs.

Last edited by chevvron; 9th Jan 2020 at 14:34.