PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SunExpress Mollymawk test.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2020, 21:00
Mlambin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ljop
Hey man,

So, I didn't want to say anything when you talk about taking notes, because each person has it ways to do it, but the thing is you can't take notes because you will loose time. You are supouse to relied in your acoustical memory (read Mollymawk instructions). Is not about memorize...sure if you practice so many times, eventually you will know the answers, but is not about that...is about to trust your acoustical memory. You need to pay atention to the acoustical instruction, reason why navigation and the instrument shouldn't consume (or consume very few) resources of your brain.
Think about this as in your IFR training..... if you are using your brain for flying the basic stuff (fly the airplane straight) you can't calculate any radial interception instructions.... flying the aircraft straight is something you are able to do without thinking...then you can work the IFR instructions and readback.
Navigate and click on instruments shouldn't take to much of your resources, because you will need them to answer the acoustical instrucctions. You need to complete at leaste 100 acoustical task with very few mistakes to be on the numbers requires. If you are doing less than 100, then you are loosing time (as for instance taking notes).

Hope it helps.
Best regards
Well said !

I truly believe that if you need to take note you will never succeed the Mollymawk. I might be wrong and would be pleased to be proved wrong. I was scoring up to 5000 points during training and from the very first test I never thought about using anything else than my memory.