PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2020, 13:01
samatyranin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mienjung
Hello guys,

I will start my Cadet Program from WizzAir at Egnatia this year. I just wanted to ask if someone done that before and could give me some tips. It is my dream job but i am a bit scared that the contract says that you have to accomplish a certain percentage at the exams and so on... so it is risky to fail the whole stuff and pay them the whole money back immediately. Any tips on how to learn or something like that? I would appreciate that.

By the way, i know that some people have their opinions about Wizz Air being bad or good, i won't judge that and i haven't worked for them so i cannot say anything but for example i have some friends who fly for LH and what i hear about the internal problems and other stuff sounds more worse to me then the stuff i hear about wizz
There is another topic about WAPA:

Wizzair Pilot Academy

as of these special percentages - Well to get ATPL(f) you need to have these (as far as I know) 75% from exams. And about exams - if you fail it you loose that inital training fee of €14,000 but you are not forced to pay rest in short term notice. After you pass these exams you get rest of training cost covered by wizz air. All these situations where you need to pay rest of loan are for when you screw up by for example leaving wizz air before these 5 years that you had contract for and so on. Purpose of these screening days is that they know you better. They evaluate whether you are capable of passing exams or not. Did you pass that 3 day screening? If you did - it means that some psychologist or so made their positive opinion about your person and your capabilities of finishing training.

And if you're asking about internal working atmosphere. In every company there are good and bad things. Some of these are more painful to ones and less visible to others. So I wouldn't be surprised when both LH and WIZZ may have some of weird **** going on there.

Me personally, I don't know any Wizz Air nor LH pilots. I've only heard second hand opinions - mostly about Wizz that whole working environment is great there. I also seen it as Wizz staff (pilots and flight attendants are heading through terminal to their planes) - they look happy and that they are having great time at work. And these smiles doesn't look fake for me.