PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2020, 11:15
116d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eggc
Well I am writing this from Barbados, booked before TCX went. After TCX went another couple wanted to join us, prices from MAN for prices were £2k each !! I kid you not, but could get LGW for under £800. Consiquently we are here alone. Our VS flight was completely full. I am also investigating next Januarys winter avoidance holiday to MCO, and finding MAN has a far greater price premium than usual. Its been widely reported that VS aint the only ones, Jet2 have also been publically bashed all over the place for similar hikes in prices as seats are at a premium.
When you leave it late to book and combined with what happened with Thomas Cook meaning there were many people scrambling to find alternatives or have no holiday at all, it's little wonder prices skyrocketed. It could also be argued in some cases that prices have been artificially low.

As for MCO next January, although you can probably book packages already with Virgin Holidays you do realise VS don't open for bookings until about 11 months out?