Thread: Watches
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2020, 08:36
Superfly Slick Dick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get this

This is my watch and I reckon it makes an awesome pilot watch:

https://www.citizenwatch-global.com/...16/20160317-4/

As a pilot, you’re required to have the current time to within 30 seconds. This watch determines its time from GPS, so it always displays the ACTUAL time, ie the time without the error of the time source you may have utilised; or errors you may have put in to the watch during synchronising.
Furthermore, it has an independent analogue display inset on its face that can display UTC.
Another awesome feature this watch has is that its an ‘eco-drive’. That’s one of the Citizen series of watches that are recharged by light.. so no inconvenient flat batteries.
Its a very large watch, so probably not the best if you don’t have large wrists.. or if you don’t like getting harassed by loads of sexy women you’ll be turning on with it. (Or men.. or whatever you’re into).
Despite it’s large size, it is made of titanium so it’s actually very light.. and very strong too.
Like most watches of its ilk, it has a circular calculator on the outside for conversions, but, although they look great they’re not really practical.
Just use the calculator on your phone.
Citizen advertise it for about $3000, but I actually picked mine up at Costco for $1600 and I’m sure you’ll be able to find it online at about that price point.

Don’t buy a Breitling.. but if you have the coin, I’d recommend an Omega Speedmaster Professional. For one of these watches, you’ll be paying about $6000. Although a gorgeous bit of hardware, in many ways it’s not as practical as the watch I’ve already raved about.. and if you scratch it during a pre-flight, it’ll ruin your day at the very least.
(Buy one of these watches to supplement your work watch when you’ve made it to the top, and you’ve put kids through school!)