PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2020, 08:20
relyt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambsmegan
Can someone take me through the up to date process please?! I keep visiting the tower and learning some basic info from them at my workplace but they all went through the process 10 + years ago barring 2 and they had different processes to what I've currently been through.

What was the interview process like? I know we have to resit the online tests which I thought I had done terribly on but apparently not as my assessment centre is in a few months.

I'm losing my head
This is based on my experience from July.

At the assessment centre depending on how big the group is you may be split. My group did the tests first of which there were no surprises; identical to the ones you did at home but they are on an iPad. The multiple choice test on the reading material you are provided with is in this sitting. Revision of the entire booklet is necessary.

Personal interview which is entirely competency based, there was little to no interest in 'why you want to be a controller' and 'what you know about NATS' it's 90+ minutes of scenario based competency questions - 'How do you respond in x scenario', 'Give us an example of when you have been in x situation'. It is very important that you relate back to the situational judgement test you would of done at home in your answers as this is what it is referenced from (not the questions, your responses).

Q&A with a NATS controller

A timed group discussion, 4 of us centre room with 8-10 assessors (HR and NATS employees) sat around taking notes. This is again scenario based and you are expected to role play. It is important that you relate back to your situational judgement test and your interview responses when conducting yourself. It is not surprising that given the pool of applicants and their personalities you will be drawn into the various scenarios that are reminiscent of the scenario based questions. You will get found out if you claim to be a introvert but then engage in heated exchanges with the rest of the group. Basically be yourself, I can't imagine anyone can keep up an alter ego all day in such a demanding environment.

Day concludes.

It's very difficult to prepare for the assessment centre as a whole, the aptitude testing is just that which cannot be revised and the interview had so many question it would be impossible to have a loaded answer for every single one, you have either experienced what they are referring to or you haven't there were times where I hadn't and responded with 'I've never dealt with x but if I had I would x'

Hope this helps and good luck.