PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 8 Fails at the ATPL's
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2020, 21:56
bulldog89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VariablePitchP

OP is Italian, what financially rewarding jobs are there in European aviation that do not require an ATPL? Instructing? Nope, and that’s about it really. Net Jets etc in the corporate world won’t hire you if you can’t get an ATPL so you’re stuck flying 172s really.

Just from your posting history, you did your exams over a decade ago? If that’s the case then that was pre the EASA exam silliness of today. Whilst the content hasn’t changed (in itself part of the problem...) there is just no way you can pass the exams remotely well without using the bank. And given 99% of the people you’re competing with to get jobs do use the bank, what are you trying to achieve by not, martyrdom?

I’d much rather use the bank and sit in a jet than not use it, fail, and return to my office job proud in the knowledge that I can work out the angles between two lines on a polar stereographic map better than my course mates could

OP, get yourself onto Bristol GS before you do anything else. If you can get to 85/90% on there, might be worth having another shot. Trust us, that’s what everyone else will be doing...

Wait, I didn't notice he's from Italy...
BGS is good for studying, but I recommend AE and ATPLQ if you take your exams in Italy.