PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 5th Jan 2020, 01:55
umop apisdn

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DUXNUTZ

Always trying cut corners this generation of young pilots. Regionals, part 135, scenic ops, instructing, or in Oz GA; that’s how a generation before you earn their hrs. Building experience flying a jumbo around the world is not it, you should have knowledge and skill before taking a job in these ops. THAT is what the pilot group (especially those in the left seat baby sitting you) are fighting for. YOUR mentality is whatever works to expedite your way some place else.

I assume you are somewhat educated on ATP minimums. I wonder where the first 1500 hours are going to come from, that even permit one to fly a jumbo around the world? Maybe any new pilot should ask the generation before them? I'm sure your list would be a great start.

Atlas / Southern do not hire newly minted pilots. It's impossible. Only very few pilots on E3s manage to get entry level jobs in the US, which will still be instructing or whatever else.

I'd be surprised to see anywhere in the Atlas / Southern arbitration process anything that addresses experience levels of the FOs. To say that is specifically what they are fighting for is so far off base, its laughable.

You can have all the GA experience in the world, you're still going to need babysitting in your first jet, and after any other subsequent type rating. If you think otherwise then it's time to find a new job.

To be clear, I wouldn't ever even entertain the idea of working for Atlas or Southern, nor would many other Aussies over here.