PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bushfires.
Thread: Bushfires.
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2020, 23:30
PoppaJo

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
The issue is how they got so big in the first place...Because we don't, as a nation have sufficient assets to stop small fires becoming big fires.
Because Parks Victoria is one of the most useless incompetent disorganised bunch of useless government departments ever created. How many of these fires of directly related to the incompetence of this mob? Many. Gippsland has been burning for months because they screwed up in November.

I live in regional Vic and I’ve barred this lot from entering my property. They wanted to backburn near my property in November but as I’m now aware of at least 20 incidents last year alone where they poorly executed these projects resulting in large uncontrolled mess. 3 years ago they did this near my land, and it got out of control and came within 500m from my fenceline. I work in a job where SOP is king. We follow the checklist. We are trained regularly and checked. These guys do not. There is no order and no accountability or investigation when things go south.

There is many flaws that currently exist in Fire Service and Parks Management. I guess rolling political musical chairs hasn’t helped as no minister is held responsible let alone has any sort of knowledge for the industry.

The PM Media firestorm is great for ratings and all sells newspapers but did a little deeper to see where the real issues stem.