PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 8 Fails at the ATPL's
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2020, 21:54
Dan_Brown

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Before JAA when it was the UK ATPL, you had 12 months to complete the the licence from the first subject pass. A non UK CPL holder, for eg., had to pass 14 subjects. At the first attempt you could only fail 2 "major" subjects and 2 "minor" subjects from those 14. You had to pass those fails within the 12 months but one resit IIRC. Three months between resits. Mostly written, not multi choose. Our Nav esams included the introduction of basic INS principals and operation, for the first time.

The majority of the content was of the nature which you would never use in flying again. How to work out an intercept of another a/c for eg., WTF would you need to intercept another a/c in civil aviation??

The authorities wanted to know if you were able to absorb a certain amount of information then spit it out on demand. Does that make you a good pilot or show intelligence? I say no. What one needs now is money.

If my memory serves me correctly. A bit of maybe interesting information to some and completely unless to others.

Last edited by Dan_Brown; 4th Jan 2020 at 22:20.