PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2020, 15:24
ROC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inOban
It depends at what price level easyJet are pitching their holidays. Edinburgh is quite a prosperous area and I'm surprised that TUI haven't grown a larger longhaul holiday business out of EDI, although they have recently been using Qatar for this.
This was also my thinking, their long-hail offering from EDI has always been fairly pathetic and whilst it’s better than nothing, it’s certainly disappointing. Even DSA will see much more long-haul from TUI and it’s not as if there are other airlines serving Orlando or Cancun from EDI (or other Caribbean destinations for that matter). Even for short-haul though, there are routes not flown by EZY/RYR from EDI that TUI operate from other bases which are much smaller airports that I’m confident would do well from EDI. Of course however, I’m sure TUI know what is best for them (well given limited capacity anyway).

I arrived back into EDI yesterday evening on a TUI flight and the crew announced they were “launching a new route from Edinburgh to Naples for this summer”, along with SSH from November. So clearly the crews haven’t been informed of the dropped NAP for S20.