PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No-frills kangaroo ready to hop
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2003, 05:43
Douglas Mcdonnell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Vitriol! Hijacking the industry! We have all seen the same rubbish over and over again. The 1900 was no good. Impulse would never get jets. Impulse got jets but they were no good. Impulse gets brought buy QF. The pilots are now " Destroying Conditions for all". The LCC comes along, now its a plot buy pilots to undermine the whole industry.

F@#K ME Swinging! Who actually makes the decisions when it comes to running an airline. Would it be management? I for one dont sit down and plot the LCCs moves at home! So its actualy management that makes the decisions.

Perhaps the pulse group should should just give up their jobs, forgo the mortgages, and take jobs out of the industry doing whatever they can find, as long as it keeps all the real proffesionals happy. Oh, but hang on, alot of us have already done that some 14 years ago.

How many of the knockers happily stepped into "OUR SEATS" then?

An adult view of the situation would leave you to conclude that the impulse drivers have very little control over procedings. Just as in most other airlines. I havent seen too much angst directed to the mother companies tactics.

At the end of the day, The continual knocking only goes to show what a sad small sandpit mentality Australian aviation has been cursed with. The irony is that the guys and gals at Impulse have worked very hard to create an effective airline. It is obvious that what happens at the pulse works. Why else would they be involved with the LCC.

Instead of hanging their heads as suggested in an earlier post. I feel that all concerned can be proud of their achievements. And the fact that they dont stoop to a gutter level standard when dealing with other companies/ pilots. Its probably not the modern thing, but sledging is just for kids in the playground. Openly critisising an organisation because of its success speaks volumes as to the quality of these individuals character.

I think alot of the knockers should perhaps be a little more concerned with the goings on in their own back yards rather than the easy usual target.

So what would it be Gnandenburg and proplever,
Slide the licence across the desk to keep guys like you happy?

Let me think about that for a moment...................

Last edited by Douglas Mcdonnell; 14th Nov 2003 at 06:41.