PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2020, 12:27
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Falcon900LX
There’s a phone on the wall that the airport advise calling next to the door, one catering outlet should remain open until the last departure. However when I worked there I found myself frequently letting pax back through the door after checking boarding cards as they’d either came through too early, wanted to go back up to the departure area or went to the wrong gate which happened a lot.
Being a ‘domestic arrivals’ corridor, that door should remain closed as there shouldn’t be any international departing PAX mixing with the domestic arrival PAX. - which is the reason the EZY BFS arrivals sometimes are coached inbound when they depart INT. Plus it stops arriving passengers wandering back up into the terminal.
As mentioned before on here it’s actually a DFT rule not the airports.
Hopefully that answers things.
Except mixing domestic arrivals and international departing passengers happens every day at GLA and EDI to name but two, hence my question. Swissport said it was to prevent arriving domestic passengers buying Duty Free which is what I suspected, except they’re meant to scan your valid boarding card so who knows? Habit I suspect.
My flight ended up departing Gate 20 / Stand 11 so the whole BA Lounge had to reverse ferret all the way back. Thanks!