PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Bombardier selling spree?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2020, 10:10
MechEngr

Received 214 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by UltraFan
I appreciate the responses, but I must have formulated my question unclearly. I understand that Bombardier is moving out of the commercial aircraft segment. And I understand why... or I think I do. But even for their private jets they still need aerostructures and wiring. And they sold both of those. Or do they have more somewhere? It looks like a fire sale of all aviation assets. Is Bombardier closing its aviation business altogether? Or just shrinking and concentrating it?
Probably the best is to look for Bombardier financial filings to see what happened.
From FIRST QUARTERLY REPORT Three-month period ended March 31, 2019

19. ACQUISITION OF A BUSINESS
On February 6, 2019, the Corporation acquired the Global 7500 aircraft wing program operations and assets from
Triumph Group Inc., for a nominal cash consideration. This transaction will strengthen Bombardier’s position as a
leading aerostructures manufacturer, to enable the company to leverage its extensive technical expertise to
support the ramp-up of the Global 7500 aircraft, and secure its long-term success. Bombardier will continue to
operate the production line and integrate the employees currently supporting the program at Triumph’s Red Oak,
Texas facility.

So they bought that, sold other fabrication, product lines, training group. This and the other report I looked at said they thought biz jets were solid.

https://ir.bombardier.com/en/financial-reports

Maybe it's on the basis of internal ROI?