PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 4th Jan 2020, 02:15
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
Thanks for that. I have the qualifications: (FAA ATP, Multi-Engine Seaplane time, Ag Rating, Low Level Experience, Mountain Time) - I know what qualifications they need, I was just wondering if the E3 can be used for aviation jobs outside the Regionals - sounds like it can be.

Most of these companies rightly need a few seasons on the 415 from FOs before upgrading them, so nobody is going to be slotted streight into a Captain Seat no matter their qualifications, unless already a 415 Captain - and there just aren’t many of them floating around. Even for FOs, it’s increasingly increasingly difficult for companies to find suitable candidates - not many people around with multi-engine seaplane time (it’s a very different beast on the water compared to a single engine seaplane) mountain time, Ag rating and so on. Even the 415 operators in Canada are advertising for FOs, which is amazing as it used to be a closed shop. But of course as you say they’ll always give preference to local pilots, and want to hire people they can upgrade in minimum time (same as the Regionals I suppose). Anyhow, that’s all a bit beside the point...Just wanted to know if the E3 would cover the job, sounds like a possibility. Thanks again.
Best of luck, let us all know how it pans out.

Regionals can’t really be compared with a non regional job here. You have to remember regionals have very little expectation, you’re just another number in a big system, nothing more nothing less. They literally will take pretty much anyone that meets FO mins.