PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2020, 01:29
Falcon900LX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
Newcastle locals, what’s the rationale for the door to Gates 1-14 being a *one way route?* The BA lounge is down there and my flight is delayed, possibly cancelled, app says vouchers offered but the only BA staff are in an area where you can’t get back to spend in the shops.
I know GLA used to have a similar issue when they stopped people coming back into the lounge from the old domestic pier, is it something to do with stopping arriving domestic passengers buying duty free? Archaic customs rule? Any idea?
There’s a phone on the wall that the airport advise calling next to the door, one catering outlet should remain open until the last departure. However when I worked there I found myself frequently letting pax back through the door after checking boarding cards as they’d either came through too early, wanted to go back up to the departure area or went to the wrong gate which happened a lot.

Being a ‘domestic arrivals’ corridor, that door should remain closed as there shouldn’t be any international departing PAX mixing with the domestic arrival PAX. - which is the reason the EZY BFS arrivals sometimes are coached inbound when they depart INT. Plus it stops arriving passengers wandering back up into the terminal.
As mentioned before on here it’s actually a DFT rule not the airports.

Hopefully that answers things.