PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freebird Airlines - Turkey
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2020, 13:12
fencing_12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
happy new year everyone! Antonio, your PM is full so I'll send it here, hope you see!

I'll tell my experience. So you could figure out something.
First theyve invited me for simulator assessment, it consists of 3 steps.
first you do visual pattern and land at antalya airport, I don't remember which runway to be honest. It is supposed to be 18 or 36. Then they simulate engine failure during take off. they want you to push on rudder immediately to fly the airplane smoothly.
the last step is you're doing ils approach, they leave you on path and you follow localizer course and glide slope. its full raw data approach. you're in the control of power and stick. they set up the flaps, navigation etc.

after simulator they take you for psychometric tests which consist of 10 subjects + 1 personal questions. it's the hardest part of the assessment in my humble opinion. pass rate is about %35-40 on the tests, it is challenging. it consists atpl written subjects, orientation, multitask, physics, maths, time sharing etc. there is no website you can study for it, airlinesolutions.net prepares it, but you wont be able to find anything about it online to be honest. just prepare for the worst i must say.

then, they take you to role play, the my task was flat tire and captain was insisting for take off. they make lots of excuse to take off in unsafe condition. i decided on not to take off. they seemed happy with the way of my thinking and my decision.

then there is another interview with psycholog Lilian Biber, its mostly about you. so personal questions. what are your strongest and weakest sides, subjects. what do you do generally? how was your training etc. so mostly about you.

then there is final interview, with 2 captains and 1 hr, they try to get to know you, and they ask about general atpl questions. I'd suggest you to prepare for ACE min&mid. It'll help a lot. And prepare for hold questions entries etc.

anything youd like to know, youre welcome to ask.